So we had a little discussion....I drew the little guys head/face as we began & added details as the kids gave their ideas. Here are some highlights of our conversation.....
Writers can get ideas from:
- "Something that happened to you" -- "Hey -- that would be in your brain!" (So I added the brain)
- "Something you saw" (I added the eyes)
- "Something you HEARD!" -- :"That would be EARS!" (& I added ears)
- ""Maybe you can get ideas from your mouth?" -- "Yeah-- that'd be something you said!" (I added perhaps it was a story you told someone, & drew the mouth).
- "Your imagination!" -- "That would be in your brain!"
- "You could write about something you FEEL! -- that'd be something in your heart". (So I drew the heart).
After the mini-lesson, we all go down to work.
I LOVE primary conversations!!