I'm joining in this fun linky hosted by Ashley over at Just Reed. How cute is this button?! This is a weekly linky party and this week's topic is classroom decor.
I already only have SEVEN weeks left until I'm back in the classroom, and I'm definitely already thinking about classroom set up! (Okay.....I admit it.....I was already thinking about next year's classroom set up a couple weeks before the year's end!) So-- here's the top 10 from my Pinboard. . . .
1.I LOVE the look of these "curtains"! There is a 14 inch wide window alongside our classroom door. I just love the look of these and I'm thinking of using them there.
2. I love the simple look of this objective board. In fact...I've already started working on mine. Instead of using frames (and worrying about them falling and breaking in the classroom, I'm adding a black frame digitally, then will laminate so I can use a dry erase marker to write the objectives. All I have to do then is add a couple magnets to the back, and....voila! Super cute objectives board!!
3. What a super-easy and functional way to display student work! Simply glue a flat thumbtack to a clothespin....then you can easily affix the clothespin TO THE WALL. Changing out student work is SO simple!
4. AND. . . check this out!! You can dye the clothespins to match your color scheme! So cool!
5. I'm all about maximizing space! (Or I try to be, anyway!) The area under my SmartBoard is definitely wasted space. I was excited to see how this teacher at Tenth Avenue South placed storage under hers. I am so going in to school tomorrow to get measurements for a shelf that will fit!!
6. Restroom Sign Out. I have tried several different ways to do this over the years, and have never really found one that works just right for me. My teamie has kiddos write their names on the board (only 2 at a time allowed to go), and erase when they get back. I'd already decided to give that a try for next year, when I saw this pin. Cute and easy, right?
7. I am plagued by my habit of stacking! I tend to stack papers and I'm determined that someday I WILL overcome that habit! Will that day come this year?
I'm going to give this a try and see if it helps. . . .
8. I'm re-designing and improving my Writing Center! I have admired this writing center for quite awhile. Unfortunately, it's a pin that doesn't lead to its source! If you happen to know where this originates from, please let me know!
9. Confession -- I am toying with the idea of getting rid of my teacher desk!
- By the end of the year, I realized that I prefer sitting at our macaroni table.
- I really want to maximize the space in my room.
10. While I'm at it, can I just tell you that I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Reagan's room? Oh my goodness! It is just gorgeous! Love the colors, love the organization, love the calming effect of it.
Now it's your turn! I'd love to see your classroom decor top 10!
Head on over to Just Reed & share your favorite pins!
You can see my Pinterest Boards here:
I've got something BIG in the works for tomorrow! Make sure you stop by and see what's going on!