|Source: Dashing Dish|
I tried a brand new recipe from one of my favorite non-teaching blogs, Dashing Dish. If you're looking for healthy, delicious recipes, this is THE place to go! Every recipe I've tried from there has been a definite keeper! I love that she gives you all the nutritional information (even Weight Watchers Points!) for every
recipe. Seriously. You have got to go check it out over there.
SO-- dinner last night was Grilled Chicken Kabobs. So. So. SO. Good!! I cut up all the chicken & veggies the night before, put them in seperate bags, covered them with the marinade (easy!), let them sit in the fridge, then assembled and grilled them the next day. I was pleasantly surprised that they only took about 15 minutes on the grill. Totally delish!! Hop over & get the recipe!
Make sure to also hop over to First Grade and Fabulous to see what everyone else has been cookin' up! Or better yet.....link up yourself!
I also have a non-food item I've been cooking up! Have you heard about our new collaborative blog we're launching? I hope you have! But just in case....some A+ teacher bloggers will be working together to bring you fun and interesting ideas, inspiration, and of course FREEBIES! If you're not already following via bloglovin', make sure you hop over there and click that button! We're cookin' something special up for followers only! You do not want to miss that! While you're over there, make sure you check out the freebies that have already been posted, too!
Next up...one of my favorites (because it feeds into my incessant need for pinning!)...Just Reed's Ten Pin Linky. This week is all about Science and Social Studies. So, without further ado....
1. I love these guys. Little explorers to go with a study of animals and animal camouflage. Hope I get to do these this year!
2. Create your own rainstorm. So cool! I found this after we'd finished talking about weather this past year...but there's always the next!
3. These next few are Science tie-ins with Fairy Tales. Fun, fun, fun!
Check it out......The Three Pigs and the SCIENTIFIC Wolf!
4. And a simple machine tie in for Jack & Jill....
Jack & Jill went up the hill to get a pail of water....
5. "I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house in!!"
A force and motion tie in with The Three Little Pigs (there's also some math there with the three dimensional shapes they're building!)
6. We are starting our year out with plants in just a few short weeks. I really like this anchor chart, and we'll be doing some fun stuff with Tops & Bottoms, so it's a great fit!
7. I really like this economics foldable. Kiddos identify things in their house that are needs or wants.
8. Just how cute is this fire safety craftivity? How could you not wanna do that and send it home?! Adorable!
9. Let's make our own compass rose! (It's these hands-on things that make the learning stick!)
10. And last, but not least......
Who doesn't love Charlie Brown? This is a Constitution video. Perfect for Constitution Day...& it's not super easy to find good things for that. Love ya, Charlie!!
If you'd like to follow my pinterest boards, just click over and hit that little button!