Here are my goals...just some changes and little tweaks I want to add next year:
- Move toward Guided Math. I did a research project on this last semester, and dabbled in it a bit, but I'm planning to implement fully next year. In fact, several other bloggers & I will be hosting a book study on Laney Sammons' book Guided Math very soon! Grab your own copy of the book & read along with us!
- Add Math Journals to my repertoire. I used to do these a few years ago, & somehow they've fallen by the wayside as time went on.
- Revamp my small group instruction. I just want to make the most of the time I have with kiddos during my small group.
- Strengthen my vocab instruction. Again-- I used to have a pretty strong vocab block but it kinda fell to the wayside. It seems there are so many demands on our time nowadays, & as I've had to add things, others had to go....but that's not always in the best interest of my students.
- Integrate SMARTboard activities. Just found out I'm getting a SMARTboard next year! Yay!
- Use anchor charts more effectively. I just feel like I could do a better job with my anchor charts. Seriously-- I see anchor charts that are posted out here in the bloggy world and think, "hmm...my anchor chart skills need some work!" haha!